PTGPFI 2017 Piano Festival Guidelines
- To foster a culture of high-level piano performance in the country;
- To provide an avenue for young pianists to perform in a non-competitive atmosphere;
- To demonstrate the richness of the history of Latin American music.
Theme: “Lleno de Vida: A Festival of Latin American Music”
Festival Dates: February 04 and 05, 2017
Audition Dates: December 04 and 11, 2016
Venue: Fleur-de-lis Auditorium, St. Paul University Manila
Eligibility: The piano festival is open to ALL students of PTGPFI members under 30 years of age.
- All participants must undergo an audition before they are entered into the official roster of festival performers.
- Participants must fill out the audition forms before they proceed with the audition process. Forms may be filled-up online by clicking the links below:
Audition forms may also be found at the secretariat table during the audition dates. While walk-ins will be accepted, the committee encourages everyone to register online to avoid delays.
Deadline of submission of audition forms: December 08, 2016
- Except in outstanding circumstances, Metro Manila residents are required to attend the live auditions slated on December 04 and 11, 2016 at St. Paul University Manila College of Music and Performing Arts.
- Those residing outside Metro Manila may opt for a video audition. The video should have a short introduction including the participant’s name, the name of the teacher, and the title of the work/s to be played. Videos may be directly attached to email or uploaded to video sharing sites (e.g., Youtube, Vimeo) or cloud sharing services (e.g., Dropbox, Google Drive) and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Piano Festival Video Audition – (name of participant).” Both participant and teacher will be notified via email regarding the result of the video audition.
- A non-refundable audition fee of PHP800 per 5-minute slot should be settled not later than the date of the chosen audition date.
- Payments may be made in cash or be deposited through the guild’s bank account (Security Bank, Account Name – Piano Teachers’ Guild of the Philippines Foundation, Inc. Or PTGPFI, Account number 171-031393-001). Those who opt for the latter are required to email a scanned photo of the deposit slip to email@example.com with the subject line “Piano Festival Payment Slip – (name of participant)”. The festival secretariat will only validate the slot upon receipt of the scanned of the bank slip. STRICTLY NO PAYMENT, NO AUDITION.
- All participants and teachers are also required to send through a recent 2×2 picture with white background in jpeg format to firstname.lastname@example.org. For Participants, please indicate- full name, age and teacher’s name at the subject line.
- Schedules are carefully drafted by the festival committee with careful consideration of the participants’ preferred schedules. However, teachers are encouraged to assign different students to different programs. In cases of schedule changes, you may email the festival chair no later than January 5, 2017. There will be a corresponding penalty amounting to PHP300 for petitions sent thereafter. Once the final list of festival schedules will be released, NO SCHEDULE MODIFICATIONS WILL BE ALLOWED BY THE COMMITTEE. This is to ensure enough time for the committee to prepare festival paraphernalia (e.g., souvenir programs, power point, etc.).
- In keeping with the ideal standards of piano festivals, pieces from lesson books are STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED.
For concerns regarding the 2017 PTGPFI Piano Festival, please feel free to contact any of the members of the festival committee:
CHAIR: Anthony Yu Say
(email: email@example.com; mobile: 0917-814-4376)
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org; mobile: 0922-935-4966)
Mary Rose Luzande
Rachel Mae Ong
(email: email@example.com; mobile: 0995-464-3095)