In honor of Dr. Lucrecia Kasilag’s Centennial, PTGPFI shall be offering her tribute to her piano works in the Piano Festival for 2019. Dr. Lucrecia Kasilag, or Tita King, is a National Artist for Music and is a co-founder of PTGP.
The Audition Dates shall be on 6 and 13 January 2019 at the following venues: 6 January 2019: University of the Philippines Diliman College of Music; 13 January: University of the Philippines Diliman College of Music, Saint Paul University Manila, and Lyric Alabang Town Center.
Participants may perform:
- Pieces by Dr. Lucrecia Kasilag
- Any standard Classical Piano Literature
The Festival dates are on 3 and 10 February 2019. Venue TBA.
* * *
GUIDELINES. PLEASE READ!
- Open for ALL students under 30 years of age of members or non-members of PTGPFI.
- All participants must undergo an audition before they are entered into the official roster of festival performers.
- Participants must fill out the Audition Form before they proceed with the audition. The forms are formatted on an 8×13 (LONG) sized paper. Forms may be downloaded below. Forms at the audition venue will have a fee.
- Online form only for scheduling purposes. Forms may be accessed below.
- IMPORTANT!! BRING A 2×2 ID PHOTO, ON A WHITE BACKGROUND. SELFIES ARE NOT ALLOWED. (It would be preferable to have the photo taken professionally.) TEACHERS ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO GIVE A PHOTO. PRINT YOUR NAME LEGIBLY ON THE BACK OF THE PHOTO.
- You may send your photos at firstname.lastname@example.org and wait for an acknowledgment email.
- UPDATE: Photos should be taken within SIX (6) months only. We will be checking reused photos from previous festivals and will AUTOMATICALLY NOT INCLUDE REUSED PHOTOS.
- Photos with bad quality will also AUTOMATICALLY NOT BE INCLUDED. However, we will contact the participant to submit a new photo.
- IMPORTANT!!! THE FESTIVAL COMMITTEE WILL NO LONGER CONTACT PARTICIPANTS WITHOUT A PHOTO. THIS IS FINAL. The logo of PTGP will be put in place of your photo.
- ONLINE AUDITION: Those residing outside Metro Manila may opt for a video audition. The video should have a short introduction with the following information: (1) Participant’s name; (2) Teacher’s name; and (3) Title of work to be played. Videos may be uploaded on video sharing sites (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) or on online drives (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and should be sent at email@example.com with the subject “ONLINE AUDITION – (NAME OF PARTICIPANT)” (In all caps), and wait for an acknowledgment email.
- A non-refundable audition fee of PHP 1,000 should be settled not later than the chosen audition date.
- Payments may be made in cash or be deposited through the Guild’s Bank Account:
- Bank: Security Bank
- Account Name: Piano Teachers’ Guild of the Philippines Foundation, Inc.
- Account Number: 171-031393-001
- Those who deposited the fee should give a photocopy of the deposit slip alongside the form on the day of the audition. Kindly write the name of the participant for proper documentation.
- Walk-in auditions may be entertained only until 1:00 PM.
- REPERTOIRE (UPDATE)
- Multiple pieces should not exceed FIVE (5) minutes.
- There is no time limit for major works, however, if one movement exceeds five minutes, you may only play one movement (e.g. Beethoven “Grande Sonate Pathetique” Mvt. 1 is around 8 minutes long; All three movements of Clementi “Sonatina Op. 36 no. 3” is around 5 minutes without repeats).
- FOR ENSEMBLES: The audition fee is divided among the participants (e.g. 2 participants will pay only PHP 500 each, 4 participants PHP250 each). If some/all of the participants of the ensemble will perform Solo pieces, that will be a different fee.
- OTHER PROVISIONS:
- Schedules are drafted by the Festival Committee and will be uploaded a few days before the festival for proofreading.
- In case of changes in schedule, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org only until 20 January 2019.
- There will be a corresponding penalty of PHP 300 for changes in schedule after said date
- NO SCHEDULE MODIFICATIONS WILL BE ALLOWED BY THE COMMITTEE DURING THE FESTIVAL. This is final. ALL participant must arrive at least FIFTEEN (15) minutes before the schedule. If you are late with your performance, your slot will be carried over to the next scheduled programme. This is to ensure the flow of the presentation.
* * *
FOR RESERVATION OF AUDITION SLOTS:
- Click HERE
FOR SCORES OF PIECES BY LUCRECIA KASILAG:
- Click HERE