- To foster a culture of high-level piano performance in the country;
- To provide an avenue for young pianists to perform in a non-competitive atmosphere;
- To demonstrate the richness of piano music written in dance form.
Theme: “Dances for Piano”
Festival Dates: December 10 and 17, 2017
Festival Venue: Education Auditorium, Albertus Magnus Building, University of Santo Tomas
Audition Dates: October 1 and 8, 2017 at St. Paul University Manila
October 8, 2017 at Alabang Chapter
Eligibility: The piano festival is open to ALL students of PTGPFI members under 30 years of age.
- All participants must undergo an audition before they are entered into the official roster of festival performers.
- Participants must fill out the audition forms before they proceed with the audition process. Forms may be processed online by clicking the links below, also print and fill up the .pdf form/s to be submitted on your scheduled audition dates.
- SOLO: https://goo.gl/forms/IBRcDRyXLNwQpjsg2
- ENSEMBLE: https://goo.gl/forms/jlX9AoNLDRMOiuML2
Deadline of submission of online audition forms: October 5, 2017.
Deadline of submission of physical audition forms: October 8, 2017.
- Except in outstanding circumstances, Metro Manila residents are required to attend the live auditions slated on October 1 and 8, 2017.
- Those residing outside Metro Manila may opt for a video audition. The video should have a short introduction including the participant’s name, the name of the teacher, and the title of the work/s to be played. Videos may be directly attached to email or uploaded to video sharing sites (e.g., Youtube, Vimeo) or cloud sharing services (e.g., Dropbox, Google Drive) and should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “Piano Festival Video Audition – (name of participant).” Both participant and teacher will be notified via email regarding the result of the video audition.
- A non-refundable audition fee of PHP1000 per 5-minute slot should be settled not later than the date of the chosen audition date.
- Payments may be made in cash or be deposited through the guild’s bank account:
Account Name: Piano Teachers’ Guild of the Philippines Foundation, Inc.
Account Number: 171-031393-001
Those who opt for the latter are required to submit a photocopy of the deposit slip on the audition day. Kindly write the participant’s full name on the photocopied slip for proper documentation. The festival secretariat will only validate the slot upon receipt of the photocopied bank slip. STRICTLY NO PAYMENT, NO AUDITION.
- All participants and teachers are also required to upload/email a recent 2×2 picture with white background.
2×2 Upload links: accessible for those with gmail accounts only
For non gmail accounts, kindly e-mail your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedules are carefully drafted by the festival committee with careful consideration of the participants’ preferred schedules, however, teachers are encouraged to assign different students to different programs. In cases of schedule changes, you may email the festival chair no later than November 10, 2017. There will be a corresponding penalty amounting to PHP300 for petitions sent thereafter. Once the final list of festival schedules will be released, NO SCHEDULE MODIFICATIONS WILL BE ALLOWED BY THE COMMITTEE. This is to ensure enough time for the committee to prepare festival paraphernalia (e.g., souvenir programs, power point, etc.).
Email us at email@example.com for concerns regarding the PTGPFI Dances for Piano Festival 2017.